Goodreads is a useful social media platform for authors but some find it challenging to navigate and use. Here are a few tips for setting up your account, interacting with readers, and advertising.
Setting Up Your Account
- Sync your blog to your author page.
- Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Add images (book covers) and videos (book trailers).
Interacting with Readers
At Goodreads avid readers share what they’re reading, what they want to read, and what they think of what they’ve just read. You’ll get more out of using the platform if you participate also as a reader, not just as an author.
- Join groups that interest you and participate in discussions as yourself (not as your book or as an author).
- Follow other authors you like.
- Review books you like. (If you want to get reviews, you first need to give reviews).
- Vote and comment on lists: https://www.goodreads.com/list. Though you can’t add your own book to a list, you can always ask a friend to do it for you. 😊
- Add books to your Want to Read list.
- Set up Ask the Author and respond to comments.
Advertising on Goodreads
- Create an ad https://www.goodreads.com/advertisers/about (Ad cost .50 per click)
- Create a Giveaway https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show_create_options
Are you on Goodreads? Leave a comment with a link to your profile so we can connect. You can find me here.