- Don’t Miss the Publicity Boat!
- Keep Your Publicity Efforts Professional
- Commit to Consistent Publicity
- Freshen Up Your Publicity
- Your Book Publicity Menu: First Course, Website
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Second Course, Mailing List
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Third Course, Social Media
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Dessert, Media Contacts List
Whether you are about to launch your book or are continuing your book marketing efforts long-term, you are looking for publicity opportunities. Don’t miss the publicity boat! One of the biggest mistakes we see authors make is timing.
When you are contacted by an interviewer or media person, respond promptly—immediately! If they ask for additional information, provide it as quickly as possible or at least let them know when they can expect it. Any delay in replying might mean that someone else will reply promptly and get the publicity opportunity you were hoping for. This applies to responding to HARO requests as well. Even though you reply within their deadline, they usually use the first replies received. Respond promptly.
Timing is important with press releases as well. Plan to send press releases out in plenty of time for the media to respond. If you post it too late or too close to the event you are promoting, you may have missed the boat.