Social Insider conducted a study of over 9 million Facebook videos. You might like to read the full report, but here is a brief summary of the results, all of which I find surprising:
- Video use on Facebook is increasing steadily
- Vertical videos engage more than landscape/horizontal
- The optimal length is 2-5 minutes
- 3 times as many people watch live video as pre-recorded, but only 11% of businesses on Facebook do live video
- Descriptions over 300 words work better than shorter descriptions, and questions seem to have no effect on engagement.