Do you ever feel stuck about what to post on social media? Keep this handy checklist of ideas nearby and you’ll always have something fresh to post on social media.
- Questions from your book. If you have a study guide or discussion questions in your book, post questions from that section.
- Answers you’ve given. Did a reader ask a question that you answered? Share it on social media!
- Tips from your book. Make it interesting with a visual created on Canva.com.
- If you have a podcast, share links to recent shows and past shows. Share links to podcasts you enjoy with a short message about why it would be of value to your audience to listen to it.
- Share your book reviews found on Amazon or Goodreads.
- Writing tips that have helped you in writing your nonfiction book.
- Links to other people’s social media posts that will be of value to your audience.
- Quotes – famous quotes, from other authors you know, about writing, inspirational and motivational quotes.
- Link to your newsletter signup that includes a free download of the first chapter of your book.
- Photos of where you write, your kids/grandkids, pets, etc. Let your audience get to know you as a person.
- What you’re currently reading – share the cover image and something you enjoyed in the book.
- Your latest blog post. If you’ve written evergreen content, reshare older blog posts too.
- Blog posts from experts in writing, publishing, book publicity, social media, etc.
- Announcements – of a contest you’re having, your new book release, your book winning an award, a sale you’re having, and so forth.
- Have fun and share some humorous images and / or quotes about books, reading, writing.
Do you have any other ideas? I’d love to hear them!