- Don’t Miss the Publicity Boat!
- Keep Your Publicity Efforts Professional
- Commit to Consistent Publicity
- Freshen Up Your Publicity
- Your Book Publicity Menu: First Course, Website
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Second Course, Mailing List
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Third Course, Social Media
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Dessert, Media Contacts List
Media jumps on the big news story. If that big news story comes along when your interview was planned, your interview may be bumped, delayed, rescheduled. It’s important to stay professional and not get upset. Be flexible and work with the media to reschedule.
Don’t follow up too much. When you do follow up, provide new information that adds value and you’ll be more likely to get your interview rescheduled.
Your professional efforts are also reflected in your spelling. No typos! Have someone else proofread your pitch, press release, and articles to make sure they are accurate. Take time to reread your emails before you send them. Double check that important information such as your contact information, website address, social media links, etc. are all accurate.