- Meet Deborah Olson, author of The Healing Power of Girlfriends: How to Create Your Best Life Through Female Connection
- Meet Mike Sherman, co-author of 52 Things We Wish Someone Had Told Us About Customer Analytics
- Meet George Troy, author of The Five Laws of Retail
- Meet Denise Brosseau, author of Ready to Be a Thought Leader?
- Meet Ryan S. Atkins, author of One Step Closer
- Meet Jenny Robin Jones, author of Love America
- Meet Faith Wilcox, author of Hope is a Bright Star
- Meet Dale Griffiths Stamos, author of RenWomen
- Meet Jeanne Rodriguez, author of Ready Set Work! and Ready Set Supervise!
- Meet Anne Janzer, author of Get the Word Out: Write a Book That Makes a Difference
- Meet Laurie Buchanan, Author of the Sean McPherson series
One of my newsletter subscribers, Ryan, published his book, One Step Closer, in November 2020. He has an interesting story and shares a little bit about his book here.
What are your goals for 2021?
My goal is to sell 5000 copies of One Step Closer in the first year (November 2020 — November 2021).
In order to accomplish this, I am reaching out to at least three potential partners each week. I am mainly focused on podcast interviews but also have incorporated guest blog posts and email collaborations.
As momentum for the book has continued to build, requests for interviews have begun coming in on their own. While I will prioritize those opportunities as they come in, I have a list of other partners to continue to reach out to whenever it slows down.
Where can readers find your book?
Download a free chapter and purchase the book here: www.readonestepcloser.com
My website featuring my Flat on My Back blog is focused on maintaining hope no matter our circumstances.
What else would you like to share?
Publishing my first book was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Going into it, I felt incredibly overwhelmed and unsure if I would be able to pull it off. I wondered, “Will anyone read this? Will it all be a waste of time?”
Thankfully I came across some incredibly helpful resources to make the marketing aspect less scary. Blogs like www.ausoma.com and books like Your First 1000 Copies gave me the information and confidence I needed to bring this project to fruition.
If you are on the fence about publishing or hesitant to share your work with the world, I hope 2021 is a year you can look back on as one that saw your author journey come to life!
On November 20, 2009, 21-year old college student Ryan broke his neck and became paralyzed below his shoulders. He launched his website in 2013 to share rehab updates with family and friends. It soon expanded to his writing about faith, marriage, and the power of holding an eternal perspective. Learn more about Ryan here: https://www.ryansatkins.com/meet-ryan/