Marketing your Virtual Assistant services with a newsletter, or ezine, is an excellent way to provide valuable information to prospects and clients. However, there are some US Federal requirements to keep in mind. These requirements are a:
- Real, clearly identified Sender address
- Real, working Reply To address
- Real, working Unsubscribe link
- Clearly identified physical address
In addition, there are two vital factors in getting your ezine opened:
- The From line – Use a consistent, recognizable name and a real email address (this is the law). You can also use a permission reminder (such as: You are receiving this email newsletter because you subscribed on our website or signed up in some other manner).
- The Subject line – This needs to be something that will catch their interest and be relevant. Don’t: Your VA Newsletter; Do: 5 Simple Steps to Creating a Twitter Account.
3 thoughts on “Newsletter, Ezines and US Federal Requirements”
There was also some discussion on a recent forum that once you select your From Email, don’t change it. When recipients create filters or rules for organizing their email client folders, it can result in unsubscribes because the new email address is not recognized.
This is a great post, Sue! Thank you.
Thank you Kelly. That’s a great tip!