Do you have an Amazon Author Page? Is it optimized? Sometimes I see books on Amazon where the author hasn’t yet set up an Author Page or it doesn’t have complete information. This free page allows authors, whether your book is in print, Kindle, or both, to update content on your book page, update your bio and descriptions, and view your sales data and customer reviews of your book.
If you already have an Amazon account, you’ll use that same log in information to set up an Author page. Here’s where you’ll set up that page on Amazon: https://authorcentral.amazon.com/
Have these items ready to create or update your Amazon Author Page:
- Bio—fill out your bio with as much information as possible, including keywords
- Book cover image and other relevant images—if your book has won any awards and you have digital awards, you can add them here
- Blog feed link—any time you write a new blog post, it will show up on your Amazon Author page
- Videos—book trailer, video of you sharing tips from your book
- Upcoming events information
Include links to your website and social media accounts in your bio so readers know where to connect with you and contact you. Remember to add a link to your author page on your website.
A great advantage to having your author page set up on Amazon is that readers can now click the Follow button on your Author page. Once they do that, they will be notified whenever your book is on sale or when you publish a new book.