Here’s What’s Included
- Submit weekly to a total of 5 potential contacts: book bloggers, book reviewers, podcasters, online radio, online TV, online publications, local radio, local TV, and local publications.
- Create a Press Release for your book launch and/or for a book related event.
- Submit the Press Release to your local paper, an alumni publication, or other media.
- Research appropriate speaking opportunities and submit to them.
- Follow up on all media leads.
- Prepare and share a report to track media leads and speaking opportunities.
- Create a Media Room page for your website.
Your Task: Prepare
Prepare for speaking on podcasts, radio, and TV. Make a list of topics you speak on. Then write up three bullet points for each to address these questions:
- What will your audience learn?
- How will your audience benefit?
- What problem do you solve?
Want more tips on getting ready for the interviews? Read our 12-part series Interview Tips for Nonfiction Authors.
Media Case Study
What kind of results can Ausoma get for you? Though we can’t guarantee results, here’s an example of what we accomplished in 2019 for our client, Deborah Olson, in one seven week period.
Ausoma contacted 67 media outlets and received 19 replies – that’s a 26% response rate!
We were able to get a 10% success rate getting our client booked from those 19 replies:
- 1 podcast
- 4 online radio interviews
- 1 online TV appearance
- 1 newspaper mention