Too often I find virtual assistants with the mindset of doing tasks assigned for an hourly rate. A Chief Virtual Officer has the mindset of a business owner and understands the importance of client retention. It means going the extra mile for clients – exceeding their expectations.
When you and your client first start, you both sign a contract stating expectations on both sides. That’s very important. But periodically, do something unexpected for your client – exceed their expectations. You’ll find you have happier clients, more client referrals, and a higher client retention rate.
Here are a few ideas for going the extra mile:
- Create quotes from their blog, newsletter, or other marketing materials and add to images to post on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Do you see something they could improve? Don’t be afraid to speak up. Share your thoughts with your client.
- Periodically email or call your client to schedule a 15-minute phone conversation to brainstorm other ideas you could help them with.
- Create a new Pinterest board and add content. Perhaps a “Tips” board based on some of their favorite tips they provide to their clients.
- Look for a blog post relevant to their industry and send them a link encouraging them to comment on it.
What ideas do you have for going the extra mile? Please share them with everyone here!