If you want to reach more people with your message, you need to start using Pinterest. It’s one of the fastest growing social media sites and more and more business are using Pinterest to drive traffic to their website. Just take a look at what Macy’s is doing as an example.
According to Social Media Today, “conversion rates for Pinterest traffic are 50% higher than conversion rates from other traffic.” I know from personal experience that one of our websites has had a tremendous increase in traffic and we can directly link it as coming from Pinterest.
Here are some quick tips on using Pinterest:
Create a board on Pinterest to pin all your blog posts.
Make sure that each of your blog posts needs an eye-catching image.
In the description be sure to add relevant keywords your prospects would search for to find what you have to say.
Make a commitment to offer something of value in your business. If you’re already doing this, great! Find ways to take it up a notch. Helping people will result in growing your business. Here are five things you can do to offer value.
1. Call a past client just to see how they’re doing. Don’t ask for anything; instead, offer an idea, a resource, perhaps a free report – no strings attached.
2. Send something of value to those on your mailing list. Again, it could be a free report or other resource.
3. Call one of those people you met at that last networking event and invite them to coffee to tell you all about their business. Make it clear you want to learn more about what they do so you’ll know the type of client to refer to them.
4. Offer an educational teleclass to your network.
5. Write a thank-you note to someone who took the time to speak or meet with you.
It doesn’t take much to commit to offer something of value. You’ll be surprised at the results!