One of the main social media networks is Google+. Google+ has 300 million monthly active users. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of using Google+ for your social media marketing and your virtual assistant business.
- Use hashtags. They can be used the same way you use them in Twitter and will help your posts get found and notice. Google+ is now automatically adding a hashtag to many posts but you want to choose appropriate ones for your posts as well.
- Format text in your posts. I just learned you can add an asterisk (*) before and after a word or phrase to make it bold. You can use an underscore (_) before and after a word or phrase to make it italic. And you can use a dash (-) before and after a word or phrase to strike through text. In other words, *this* become this, and _this_ becomes this and -this- becomes
- Create a great cover image. There is a lot of real estate available in the cover image area to promote you and your business. Don’t just use the default image. Create something visually appealing that tells visitors what you can do for them.
- Use photos. Be sure to use photos in your posts. You can also add video and create events. Photos catch people’s eyes and increase the chances of your post being noticed.
- Add more connections. You want to grow your circle of influence by adding more connections. Go to People and search for people you may know. If you are a Gmail user, click on Gmail contacts. Suggestions will come up based on your Gmail contacts. Just click add and add these connections to the appropriate list.
- Check out What’s hot. Click on What’s hot and you’ll be taken to a page showing you what the current popular posts and topics are. There will also be suggestions on Communities you may want to join and other people you may want to follow.
Do you have any tips to share on using Google+? Please share them here! You can also connect with me on Google+ here.