Email marketing is still going strong! It’s a very effective way to stay in touch with people who want your services or product. Since people chose to sign up to be on your list, you know these are people who want to hear from you.
If you have a solid social media presence, that’s a great place to start to build your list. Your fans and followers on social media have already shown an interest in you, your book, your business since they are following you. Take the initiative and invite them to sign up for your email list too. Here are a couple of ideas for messages you might send out on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn weekly asking your followers to sign up for your email list.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive your free report [title of report] [link where they can sign up for email list]
If you enjoy reading my blog, sign up for my email list for all the latest news & updates. [link where they can sign up for email list]
More tips to build your email list:
- Your website should have a prominent invitation to sign up for your email list.
- Offer a freebie for signing up for your list – a free report, tips sheet, or sample copy of a chapter from your book.
- Add a signup box to your Facebook page. If you use Constant Contact or MailChimp, they have an easy way to integrate a sign up page with Facebook.
- Include a signup link in your email signature.
- Mention your newsletter in your book and invite readers to sign up at your website.
If you’d like to sign up for my newsletter, you can do so here.
What other tips have you found useful in building an email list? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.