- Don’t Miss the Publicity Boat!
- Keep Your Publicity Efforts Professional
- Commit to Consistent Publicity
- Freshen Up Your Publicity
- Your Book Publicity Menu: First Course, Website
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Second Course, Mailing List
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Third Course, Social Media
- Your Book Publicity Menu: Dessert, Media Contacts List
Just as a very special dessert may take a lot of time and attention to detail, so does creating and maintaining a media contacts list.
Start in your local area by gathering local media names and contact information. Keep a spreadsheet with all that contact information and track when you reach out and the response you get. You can get a lot of contact information by doing a Google search, such as “Phoenix radio stations” or “Houston newspapers”, etc.
Once you’ve had a positive response from a media person, send a thank you and stay in touch. Develop these relationships. They are gold in your book publicity efforts.