- Before you get on the air, make sure your voice is ready.
- Warm up your vocal cords by drinking some warm water or tea.
- Have water nearby during the interview in case your throat gets dry.
- If you need to cough, turn your ahead away.
- Practice aloud a few minutes before you get on the air.
- Smile. Your voice will come across as cheerful and friendly. No one else may see you but you’ll feel more confident.
January: Interview Tips for Nonfiction Authors
February: Are You Prepared for Your Interview?
March: What is Your Interview Message?
April: Practice Your Interview
May: Your Interview Environment
June: Your Interview Voice
July: Dos and Don’ts in an Interview
August: Best Practices When You Are Interviewed